Sunday, May 9, 2010

Easy Shredded Pork

Add to crock pot:

One LARGE pork roast or shoulder with or without bone. I honestly don't know how big mine was, but it filled my 6 quart pot.

Cook on LOW for 12+ hours. Start the night before or early in the morning. Slow cooking is important to get the meat really tender.

When it's done cooking, drain the liquid. Shred the meat with a fork and then add:

Approx 1/2 cup of soy sauce
3-6 TBSP liquid smoke...to desired taste.

Stir liquids into the meat.

Serve over steamed rice with your favorite Asian sauce. We used Mandarin Sauce by Panda Express. (No MSG)

My good friend, Teri, made this for us last week...we had to make it! It was a hit. Everyone went back for more, including my 9 year old. It was EASY...and tasted great with a green salad.

2 comments:

  1. Cook it with the liquid smoke. I've made it for years. Its call Kahlua Pig. It is a polynesian recipe. Served with Jasmine rice is the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've even canned it. It tastes just as good months later warmed put in the jar. Great for quick dinners.

    ReplyDelete