Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stacked Beef and Bean Enchiladas

Brown 1 lb of ground beef with 1 taco seasoning packet
Mix in 2 14oz cans of refried beans (3-4 cups)

In separate bowl, make Enchilada Sauce:

1 15oz can tomato sauce
2 enchilada sauce packets
2 cups water

Layer in the crock pot:

Sauce
Corn Tortillas (3-4)
Meat/Bean Mixture
Shredded cheese

Repeat until you run out of ingredients...I think I had about 5 layers.

Make sure the TOP layer is tortillas, sauce, cheese

Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours

Scoop out and serve with sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce?

*This will look like a mess, I even hesitated to put it on here, BUT...my boys totally loved it! They happily scooped it up with tortilla chips and said, "You HAVE to make this again." So, I probably will.

7 comments:

  1. You're welcome. It may not look pretty, but it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds YUMMY, and as I type, it's cooking away for our dinner tonight :) Thanks for all the GREAT recipes! I plan to try more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Just remember, It will look like a mess...I hope you still enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, Just had to let you know that this recipe was DELICIOUS and a real hit with my family! We finished off the ENTIRE crockpot in 2 meals...the first night served over rice with sour cream, and last night served in hard taco shells with sour cream again. It was SUPER as a taco filling :) Even my pickiest eater ate 3 tacos which he has never done! We had enough left to make 24 tacos!
    I used 2 pounds of meat, 2 seasoning packets, 2 cans of refried beans (mexican style with extra seasoning), 2 (19oz) cans of enchilada sauce, 16 corn tortillas and about 24 oz of grated cheese. Not sure how big my crockpot is, but it was full to the brim.

    THANK YOU for a great recipe that we will use over and over! The kids can't wait to have the "enchilada tacos" again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that you loved it as much as my family did...I'm going to use more tortillas next time like you did, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I read the comments, I will double up the meat, I'm using ground turkey. Will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete