Monday, June 28, 2010

Creamy Italian Chicken Spaghetti

Cover and cook in the crock pot:

5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 14oz can of chicken broth + 2 Italian dressing packets -OR- 1 cup Italian dressing

HIGH 4-5 hours or LOW 6-7 hours

About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken, dice it and return it to the sauce. Add:

8 oz cream cheese

Cook on LOW for another 30 minutes, stir a few times to incorporate the cream cheese into the sauce.

Separately cook 16-22oz dry spaghetti. Drain and add to the sauce in the crock pot. Stir together and serve right away. If you don't like to pre-mix the pasta and the sauce, serve separately. With my clan, it's easier to mix all together before we eat.

*This can be spaghetti, or you can be really fancy by changing your pasta shape...ha! I don't have to tell you that this is a crowd pleaser, especially a crowd of kids. They LOVED it here.

2 comments:

  1. Another GREAT recipe :) THANKS!!
    I didn't have cream cheese, so I used a blend of shredded cheeses. I also added frozen broccoli florets, and served it over rice. It was YUMMY...even my pickiest eater ate everything. Thanks so much for all the great recipes. I've been sharing on FB too :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, your version sounds yummy too! Thank you for sharing on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete