Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hot Fudge Cake

Not to be confused with:
Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Cake

In mixing bowl, combine:

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Then stir in:

2 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Spread the mixture into the bottom of the crockpot.

Back in the empty mixing bowl:

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup boiling water

Stir until sugar and powder are dissolved and then pour over the mixture in the crockpot. DO NOT STIR!

Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or until a toothpick, inserted into the cake, comes out clean. Like magic, you have cake AND fudge sauce to scoop out and serve warm over vanilla ice cream. It only took 2 hours in my 6 quart pot.

*My kids liked this better than the peanut butter recipe I mentioned at the top of this one, ME? I like the peanut butter one better - but this way, you can decide for YOU! In either case, they hit the spot when your sweet tooth cries out for hot fudge and vanilla ice cream. Also, I think that the next time I make it, I'm going to try to make it with white sugar instead of brown sugar. I'll let you know if it works.

2 comments:

  1. oooh! this works much better for our family, as we have nut allergies at our house. thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good. How could you go wrong with anything chocolate? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete